Need a quick, fast base map for your ArcMap project?
AGRC provides several multi-scale base map service options that deliver pre-rendered base map tiles to your ArcMap session as fast as your internet connection will allow. Base map native projected coordinate system is UTM Zone 12N, NAD83.
Instructions for ArcMap 9.3 or 10 users:
- in ArcMap, click the Add Data button
- At the top of the Add Data window, set the Look In: pick list to point at GIS Servers
- Select Add ArcGIS Server and then choose the Use GIS Services option
- Set the Internet Server URL to: http://mapserv.utah.gov/arcgis/services
- Click Finish and then double click the newly added item “arcgis on mapserv.utah.gov“
- From the BaseMaps folder, Select the base map(s) of your choice from the list below:
- Hybrid (streets and other vector layers atop imagery, )
- Lite (gray, muted tone)
- Terrain (hillshade, streets, parks, forest, water, etc)
- Topo (multiscale mosaic of USGS topo maps)
- Vector (streets, land ownership, and boundaries)
- Click Add or OK
Web developers can embed any of these base map services in web-based and internet-connected applications